Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Crockpot Chicken ala Stacey

So, Stacey is a wonder at throwing things together and coming out with a fabulous meal. I had this at her house a couple of months ago and loved it. Here's my version.

  • 1 large jar of salsa (I've used everything from Pace to a smokey pineapple salsa to mango salsa
  • 2-4 chicken breasts (depending on how chickeney you want it)
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (I use low sodium)
  • 1 big can pineapple tidbits or fresh pineapple
  • 1 can water chestnuts, drained
  • 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper
  1. Place salsa, beans, water chestnuts, bell pepper and pineapple (including juice) in crock pot and combine.
  2. Add chicken breasts - I make sure they are completely covered by mixture.
  3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. You could probably cook on high for 4-6, but I haven't tried it.
  4. Shred chicken in crockpot with 2 forks, combine.
  5. Serve over grain of your choice: brown rice, jasmine rice, quinoa or bulgar.

No comments:

Post a Comment